ANSWER: When you hire our Bollywood Dancers you are hiring a dance company. This dance company vividly represents all the vibrancy, colour and movement of dance sequences in the Bollywood movies of India. Only maybe with less dancers!
2) Is Bollywood dancing traditional or contemporary?
ANSWER: It’s not a case of either or. Our Bollywood dancers do both- and a lot in-between.
3) Do they dance to traditional music or Bollywood music?
ANSWER: They only dance to popular Bollywood hits! We do have classical Indian dancers and Indian bhangra dancers that will dance to more traditional Indian music.
4) Can I request a dance to a particular Bollywood hit?
ANSWER: Yes, but our Bollywood dancers will need time to choreograph and rehearse it - so plenty of notice is necessary.
5) How long do your Bollywood dancers perform for?
ANSWER: Their performance sets are normally 15 minutes each, but can be as short or as long as you want to suit your event.
6) Do your Bollywood dancers perform in costume?
ANSWER: They perform in a range of Bollywood-style costumes which are stunning and certainly have that wow-factor for your guests!
7) Are all your Bollywood dancers female?
ANSWER: No, we also have male Bollywood dancers you can hire. These work well for contemporary performances where Bollywood music is fused with more modern street styles like breakdancing and hip-hop.
8) What is a Bollywood Act here in the UK?
ANSWER: A Bollywood act should be any act that references the Hindi film industry, often known as Bollywood based in Mumbai (formerly Bombay). In practice, however, it is the Bollywood musicals, specifically, that are really the inspiration for these acts in the UK.
10) Are Bollywood acts good for my event if I want audience participation?
ANSWER: Yes, our Bollywood dancers are trained teachers who run a lot of workshops in schools so they always get their audience involved in clapping, singing- and, of course, dancing at any event, be it your wedding, party or corporate shindig!